Monday, June 15, 2009

Day 6 in the life of: A real live Fashion Designer-cum-blogger.

MiH: Made in Heaven...I concur!
One of the reasons I wanted to do this experiment is to show that one can put a chic outfit together on a budget. Working in the fashion industry is very taxing on the mind, body, soul and wallet! I simply can not afford to splurge on designer duds season after season. Every so often I do spoil myself by buying a key item that is more expensive than I would normally spend. For example: my LOON pants by MiH (as seen in this photo) are the most expensive, and most favorite jeans in my dresser. Full price they can be upwards of $200, but I lucked out and got them on sale at Barney's New York at the Americana in Glendale, CA for about $120. I have worn this pair of Jean so many times, that I would have felt o.k. about paying full price for them. They are extremely flattering with the long flared leg opening and the rise comfortably hits just above my belly button. This is a "newer" high waisted and much welcomed fit in comparison to the down-to-there, butt-crack-rising silhouettes that most of us gals have become accustomed to in the past few years. One exciting little tid-bit: when I was in New York for Coterie this past February, I was lucky enough to meet the Designer, Chloe Lonsdale, for MiH denim when I stopped in to check out their booth. She was a super sweet British bird and was really excited to hear how much I loved my Loon pants. She was also impressed that I knew them by name! Check out more MiH denim here: www.madeinheaven.co.uk

Miss Social Experiment's Outfit for today: Shrug Sweater and Polo Shirt: Trina Turk. Jeans: MiH, Barney's New York. Shoes: Dolce vita, shopdolcevita.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment