Thursday, June 11, 2009

Day 2 in the life of: A real live Fashion Designer-cum-blogger.


Today I'm running about 3 hours behind on sleep, and feeling ever so slightly hung-over, but that hasn't stopped me from being totally excited to share my super duper cute outfit with you:)!! Not so fast... before delving into the details of my ensemble, I'll fill you in on my morning activities. Met with my pattern maker this morning just to check in. She has been working like a dog the past few days to get all our changes done for LA Market (which as some of you know started today). After a much needed bit of chit chat, I had to change gears a little to review the beginnings of spring 2010 fabric and print with the boss lady. That was exciting. We are going to create a perfectly pretty botanical explosion followed by psychedelia on the open seas! I can't wait to get started on those babies. And now here I am blogging away when I should be looking for some resort inspiration so I can get to designing that first! Alas... the little elves have been on strike for some time, so its up to me to get cracking. Its going to be hard for me to stay focused today because I'm very excited about tonight's event. I will be judging a student fashion show at Grauman's Chinese Theatre in Hollywood. I'm expecting the venue to take my breath away as it has always been a dream of mine to go and walk through those doors. Lets hope the student work does not spoil my experience. If any of you have been to or judged a student show, you know there can be some rather frightening moments on the catwalk. I'll keep you posted on that one.


Miss Social Experiment's outfit for today: Sunglasses: Ray Ban Wayfarers. Jacket: one of a kind french terry fabric test BCBG MaxAzria. Sequin Flower Brooch: BCBG MaxAzria. Top: silk jersey Trina Turk. Mini Skirt: ponte Trina Turk. Tights: DKNY, Nordstrom. Shoes: Enzo Angiolini, Nordstrom Rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment