Monday, July 13, 2009

WWD Advertisement: TT for HUE Illustration

The Original Illustration. Done with Marker, Pen and colored pencil.

The illustration (photoshop modification) as it appeared in WWD.
I had so much fun working on this illustration for one of our ads. I was inspired by a photo in one of my favorite fashion books, Rudi Gernreich. What an amazing designer! A true visionary. I wanted the image to be a fun action shot and all about the legs to show off the tights. I made the girl look like Trina by giving her a cute signature black bob:) I labored over the drawing for a day or two because I wanted it to look just right. A perfectionist is never happy. lol. I didnt want to use black to outline the tights because it would have looked too heavy. My brother gave me the idea to use hot pink marker to outline the legs and then shade in the color with fluorescent pink colored pencil....like I used to do in my coloring books when I was little! Why didn't I think of that? haha. After I finished the illustration I sent the original off to our agent in NYC and they took it from there. I did not know what the final ad was going to look like until I saw it in the paper. It was so cool to see it there in the trade publication I look at almost everyday!

2 comments:

  1. Looks fantastic! I'm happy to hear that your doing well. xo

    http://kendallkstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete